viernes, 27 de septiembre de 2019

The behavior of the devotee

The behavior of the devotee, by Haripada dasa
Hare Krishna, with love and confidence I share one of my favorite verses of Chaitanya Charitamrita, Madhya lila, 17, 185, there it is said that “The behavior of the devotee establishes the true purpose of religious principles. The behavior of Mādhavendra Purī Gosvāmī is the essence of these religious principles. ”Then Mādhavendra Purī Gosvāmī thought that the Gopinatha Deity has stolen a pot of condensed milk for me, and people will think that I am a devotee of Krishna, but I I am not a devotee of Krishna and he left. Then we have the story of Jada Bharata of the Bhagavatam, he was forced to carry the King's palanquin, but since he did not want to kill the ants on the road, he carried the palanquin badly, and King Rahugana got angry with him and began to insult him, Jada Bharata He ignored the insults but gave his mercy to the King by giving him spiritual instructions, and when the King realized that he was a pure devotee of Krishna he got off the palanquin and gave obeisances and spoke this verse that they put one The creeps, the King said that I do not fear the lightning of Indra, nor the trident of Lord Siva, etc., I only fear offending a devotee of Krishna. Then also of the Bhagavatam we have the story of Durvasa muni that without any reason offended King Maharaja Ambarisa, and as a punishment for this offense Krishna sent him his Sudarsana Chakra, and Maharaja Ambarisa prayed to Krishna not to punish him, seeing this Durvasa muni said that now I have understood who Krishna's devotees are, I have offended you and you have instead prayed for my good fortune. And in Srinivasa Acharya's prayers to the 6 gosvamis of Vrindavana in verse 1 he says that they are like an ocean of love for God, and they enjoy good fame both among good people and among outlaws, for they are not envious of anyone . They please everyone with everything they do, and they have all the blessings of Lord Chaitanya, so they engage in missionary activities designed to free all the conditioned souls of the material universe. Once a neighbor of my mother became very angry with her, to the point that she punched him, my mother as a good Christian turned her other cheek, the neighbor seeing my mother's attitude, threw herself at her feet and she apologized, my mother picked her up and hugged her, and then they were very good friends.
As I understand it, the most important thing about a devotee is his behavior, as it is said in the Harinama Chintamani that a true devotee is not known because he has a pleasant appearance, many followers, fame, etc., the symptom of a true devotee is that he has a great attachment to chanting the Maha-mantra Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare / Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, that is my conclusion. Another point is that the oldest disciples of Srila Prabhupada who had very good experiences with Srila Prabhupada in their physical or vapu form, shared their experiences with Srila Prabhupada with the whole world, let's not forget that Srila Prabhupada told Yamuna devi dasi that if You don't share what you know, you will become envious.
 www.fflv.org https://haripadadasa.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario