lunes, 26 de marzo de 2018

Stories of Sankirtana

Stories of Sankirtana, by Haripada dasa
I share this story of Sankirtana, it was the December Centennial marathon of Srila Prabhupada's Transcendental Appearance, 1996, we were 12 devotees and we rented a country house, this was in the Basque country, in Spain, by the mercy of Srila Prabhupada I I won the marathon, the marathon was the whole month of December, we made Queen Kunti very famous, we distributed thousands and thousands of hardcover books of Queen Kunti's prayers, my daily quota was to distribute more than 100 books, in all the month I distributed 3,300 books, every day I collected more than 80,000 pesetas, 100 pesetas were a dollar, the day that I distributed the most were 130 books and I collected 150,000 pesetas, in the capital of San Sebastián we put ourselves in the Plaza Mayor, once a gentleman very elegant was and with a bill of 2,000 pesetas in his hand told me that please I also want a book, I thought this was strange and I asked him why you want a book, he replied that I lived or there in those apartments, and when I see that you are distributing the books I stay all day watching them, and I have come to the conclusion that you are happy and transmit this happiness to others and that is why the people I bought the books, so please give me a book because I want to be happy too, my hair stood on end and I was thrilled to hear this gentleman, I gave him the book and I told him God bless you.
In relation to the subject I remember a class of Srila Prabhupada that said that if a devotee practices Krishna consciousness and is sad something is wrong, the symptom that a devotee is practicing Krishna consciousness correctly is that he is always happy , and in reality that is our best preaching, to transmit our happiness to others. The devotee of God or Krishna is the only person who is not selfish, all others are selfish, the only desire the devotee has is to see that everyone is happy in Krishna consciousness.
www.fflv.org https://haripadadasa.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario