lunes, 14 de diciembre de 2020

680 books

 


680 books, by Haripada dasa

I share another story of Sankirtana, it was the 1990 Christmas Marathon, we did it in Andalusia, southern Spain, we were 15 devotees and we rented a very large house for the entire month of December, in one day God or Krishna distributed through me 680 books, 340 Upadesamritas, the Nectar of Instruction and 340 Raja Vidyas, the King of Education, it was in a town in Seville, I arrived at the town at dawn, I parked the car in front of the Town Hall and began to distribute books, I was traveling with two bags of books, in one he carried the Upadesamrita and in the other the Raja Vidya, and he distributed the two books to people, a very funny story happened to me, I saw that an older man was watching me all morning as I distributed the books, And by the mercy of Krishna, this man also distributed books, when a person told me that he did not want the books, this older man approached and said to the man, as you say to the Missionary that you do not want the books, but if in the town tod Or the world has them, and began to say names of the townspeople who had bought the books, of course it was a town of about 10,000 inhabitants and there everyone knows each other, and this older man distributed in that way about 20 books, The truth is that the people of that town were very good people, from 9 in the morning until 1 PM, I had given 400 books, then I went to the car and I respected a giant sandwich of whole wheat bread with cheese and salad, I remember that Our cook and his assistant had many mystical powers, every day they cooked breakfast and made 15 giant sandwiches of whole wheat bread, they washed all the clothes of the devotees, and every day they went to the bank to enter the collection and washed the whole house every day, After respecting the sandwich I took a nap, and then in two more hours I distributed 280 books, even the local police encouraged me and told me you have to give all the books, you have to empty the car of books, that day I collected 82,000 pesetas or 820 dollars, after s from doing this one does not believe it, one only understands and accepts that this is the mercy of Srila Prabhupada and God or Krishna, and that one is only an instrument of them.

The world record for the distribution of Srila Prabhupada's books is held by a French devotee who in one day distributed 1,000 books of the great classics of India, they were Krishna's book that had almost 1,000 pages and the first song of El Srimad Bhagavatam which was over 1,000 pages long.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario