viernes, 4 de diciembre de 2020

15 degrees below zero

 15 degrees below zero, by Haripada dasa

I share more stories about Sankirtana, in 1986 we did the Christmas Marathon in Navarra, Spain, we were 15 devotees and we rented a very large apartment for the entire month of December, that winter was very hard, we were on the street distributing the first song From Srimad Bhagavatam, a luxury book with more than 1,000 pages, it was snowing and it was 15 degrees below zero, we rented a large van and put a butane stove inside, and when we could no longer bear the cold we went to the van to warm up , I would tell people, please, a question, and people would answer me that there is no time for questions, it was difficult to give the books, God or Krishna distributed through me every day from 20 to 25 Bhagavatams, I I think people bought our books out of compassion, I remember that we gave a Bhagavatam to a local policeman and this man called the Nueva Vrajamandala farm by phone and told them that here in Pamplona there are some young Hare Krishnas distributing the p In the first chant of Srimad Bhagavatam, I have read it and have come to the conclusion that these young people are heroes, because they are sacrificing their lives to give us the purest and most sublime message that can be given to human society.

This story that I am going to tell now is incredible, we were distributing the first song of El Srimad Bhagavatam, a luxury book with more than 1,000 pages in a car park in the center of Valencia, Spain, there were politicians, businessmen, professionals, etc., I gave a Bhagavatam to a very successful businessman, in a few minutes we made a great friendship, and when it was time to give me the donation he took out his wallet and told me that I do not know what to give you as a donation, and I with all the tranquility of the world I grabbed his wallet and looked in the wallet for the largest bill, I grabbed a bill of 10,000 pesetas or 100 dollars, when he saw this the businessman caught a fit of laughter, he began to laugh and he did not stop saying this to me I can believe it, I cannot believe it, his laughter infected me and I also started to laugh, when we laughed a lot, the businessman gave me his card and told me that if you want a job there you have your house, I told him thank you but I work for heh Supreme faith, God or Krishna, He is Pure Goodness and the Supreme Controller, the man was very pious and he told me that that is very good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario