sábado, 28 de noviembre de 2020

Stories of Sankirtana

 Stories of Sankirtana, by Haripada dasa

By the mercy of Srila Prabhupada and Krishna, from 1984 to 2011 I have been distributing Srila Prabhupada's books in 16 countries, I share these stories about the distribution of Srila Prabhupada's books.

 This history of Sankirtana the devotees translated from Spanish to English and put it in the magazine back to the Supreme for the whole world to read, it was the December marathon of the Centennial of Srila Prabhupada's Transcendental Appearance, 1996, we were 12 devotees and we rented a country house, this was in the Basque country, in Spain, by the mercy of Srila Prabhupada I won the marathon, the marathon was the entire month of December, we made Queen Kunti very famous, we distributed thousands and thousands of Hardcover books of the prayers of Queen Kunti, my daily quota was to distribute more than 100 books, throughout the month I distributed 3,300 books, every day I collected more than 80,000 pesetas, 100 pesetas was a dollar, the day I distributed the most was 130 books and I collected 150,000 pesetas or 1,500 dollars.

 In the capital of San Sebastián we would stand in the Plaza Mayor, once a very elegant gentleman came and with a 2,000 pesetas bill in his hand he told me that I also want a book, please, this seemed strange to me and I asked him Because you want a book, he replied that I live there in those apartments, and when I see that you are distributing the books I stay all day looking at them, and I have come to the conclusion that you are happy and transmit this happiness to others and that is why people buy your books, so please give me a book because I also want to be happy, my hair stood on end and I was excited to hear this gentleman, I gave him the book and I said God bless you.

In relation to the subject, I remember a class by Srila Prabhupada who said that if a devotee practices Krishna consciousness and is sad something is wrong, the symptom that a devotee is practicing Krishna consciousness in a correct way is that he is always happy. , and actually that is our best preaching, transmitting our happiness to others. The devotee of God or Krishna is the only person who is not selfish, everyone else is selfish, the only wish that the devotee has is to see everyone be happy in Krishna consciousness.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario