viernes, 7 de junio de 2019

About the lofty life

About the lofty life
With love and trust I share these two verses of Bhagavatam, 6, 2, 34 and 35, there Srila Prabhupada talks about the exalted life.
In the translation he says that Ajāmila continued: I am a shameless deceiver who has destroyed his brahminical culture. In truth, I am the personification of sin. What is my position compared to the chanting of the holy name of Lord Nārāyaṇa, which is completely auspicious, and in the meaning Srila Prabhupada says that those of us engaged in the propagation of the holy name of Nārāyaṇa, Kṛṣṇaṇa, through the movement for Kṛṣṣṇa consciousness should always remember what our position was before coming and what is our position now. Our life was abominable; We were meat eaters, drunks, and womanizers who carried out all kinds of sinful activities; but now we have been given the opportunity to chant the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra. Therefore, we must always appreciate this valuable opportunity. By the grace of the Lord, we are opening many centers, and that good fortune we should take advantage of to chant the holy name of the Lord and serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead directly. We must keep in mind the difference between our current condition and the past, and always be very careful not to fall from this exalted life.
In the next verse the translation says that I am a great sinner, but, since I have received this opportunity, I must completely control my mind, my life and my senses, and always engage in devotional service, so that I do not fall back into the deep and dark ignorance of the materialistic life, and in the meaning Srila Prabhupada says that we must all have this determination. By the mercy of Kṛṣṣṇa and the spiritual master, we have risen to an exalted position, and if we remember that it is a great opportunity and we pray to Kṛṣṇaṇa not to fall again, we will make our life a success.
 www.fflv.org https://haripadadasa.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario