martes, 28 de mayo de 2019

On repentance

On repentance, by Haripada dasa
In relation to the subject the story of Ajamila is very interesting, in the Bhagavatam, 6, 2, 27 in the translation it is said that woe is me! Damn it! I have been so sinful that I have dishonored the tradition of my family. I abandoned my chaste, beautiful and young wife to give sex life with a prostitute degraded and accustomed to wine. Woe to me! Damned! And in the meaning Srila Prabhupada says that this is the mentality of one who is becoming a pure devotee. He who, by the grace of the Lord and the spiritual master, rises to the platform of devotional service, first regrets his past sinful activities. That helps you move forward in the spiritual life. The viṣṇudūtas or devotees of God or Krishna had given Ajāmila the possibility of being a pure devotee, and the duty of the pure devotee is to lament his past sinful activities in relation to the illicit sex life, the ingestion of intoxicants, the consumption of meat and gambling. Not only should you give up your past bad habits, but you should also regret the sins committed. That is the pattern of pure devotion.
I remember reading in a book by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura that said that every day we should repent of our past sinful activities, personally before singing my rounds I pray to Srila Prabhupada to bless me to chant the Hare Krishna Maha-mantra without offenses and that forgive my offenses when I try to serve you. Krishna consciousness means concentrating our attention on God or Krishna and giving Him our love, and as there is only God or Krishna and His energies we will naturally love everyone and everything, usually people give their love to their dog, family, nation and everyone, however does not give his love to the animals he eats, that love is incomplete and full of defects, the only complete, pure and eternal love is love for God or Krishna, and the purpose of human life is to awaken our love for God or Krishna.
 www.fflv.org https://haripadadasa.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario