lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2023

 How people generally are, by Haripada dasa

I share this beautiful song of Bhaktivinoda Thakura, he is one of our spiritual teachers in disciplic succession, although he was a pure devotee of God or Krishna driven by his deep humility he puts himself in the position of an ordinary person, and says that I have always dedicated my life to commit sinful activities, you will not find in me even a trace of pious activities, only a life of sinful activities, I am always ready to cause problems for other living entities ...., that is my occupation, I want to see that others suffer , and, and when that happens, I enjoy. In order to obtain my own sensory gratification, I do not mind committing any sinful activity, I have no mercy, and I only pursue the satisfaction of my own interests, so when others suffer, I feel very happy ... I am used to telling lies , even in ordinary affairs, and when someone suffers, that is very pleasant to me, I have unlimited desires in my heart, and I am always disgusted and conceited with false prestige, envy and false pride are my ornaments, sleep and Laziness conquers me, I am always repulsed by pious activities, and I am very enthusiastic about doing impious activities, I always deceive others to gain prestige, I am subjugated by greed and I am always lustful, I am very fallen and never associate with the devotees of God or Krishna, I am an offender constantly, my mind is always attracted to morbid things, therefore, at the very end of my life, I am almost disabled due to to all these tribulations, now in my old age, I no longer have any other alternative ..., and therefore I have had to become very meek and humble, thus, Bhaktivinoda Thakura, offers the testimony of the activities of his life to the lotus feet of God or Krishna.

I remember in the book entitled Perfect Questions and Perfect Answers, Srila Prabhupada says that preaching Krishna consciousness is very difficult, because a preacher always has to go with the truth ahead, and people have so much false ego that they feel insulted, and sometimes they kill the preacher as in the case of Jesus Christ, they told Jesus if you say that you are the son of God we are going to crucify you, and he said do whatever you want, but I cannot change the philosophy. Today to be a true devotee of God you have to be very brave, because your so-called relatives, friends, and society are going to turn against you, Srila Prabhupada always said that this material world is like a madhouse, everyone is crazy , but the crazy people think that the crazy people are the doctors, and sometimes they convince them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario