martes, 23 de marzo de 2021

Best friends

 Best friends, by Haripada dasa

A friend is that person who always wishes us our good, in which one has a relationship based on love and trust, and one knows that there will never be betrayal, our best friends are God or Krishna and His devotees, by the mercy of Srila Prabhupada we understand that God or Krishna in His Paramatma or Supersoul form is in the hearts of all living entities, and He is our best friend because He never leaves us.

By the mercy of Srila Prabhupada we understand and accept that we are all in the material world for having misused our free will, it is very interesting what is said in the book of Krishna in the chapter entitled the prayers of the personified Vedas, there it is said that there cannot be any influence of chance on living entities, they have knowledge and, therefore, they are called chaitanya, which means knowingly, their location in different conditions of life, therefore, it is not accidental, it is due to they have chosen like this, since they have knowledge, in other words, that is, it is we who have turned our backs on God or Krishna and have come to this material world, and God or Krishna is so friendly and merciful to us that he believes the material world for the living entities to play God or Krishna.

 The fall of the soul to the material world was illustrated very well by Jesus in the parable of the prodigal son, the son told his father that I want my part of the inheritance to have a life independent of you, the inheritance was spent pleasing his senses with prostitutes, wine, etc., when he had money he had friends, when he ran out of money he ran out of friends and saw himself eating carob beans with the pigs, there he reflected and realized the big mistake he made, he thought with my father he had his love and I never lacked anything, I had everything, what a big mistake I have made, I am going to ask my father for forgiveness, and when he got to his father he threw himself on the ground crying and asking his father for forgiveness, his father was very happy to see his son again and hugged him, and then made a big festival to welcome his son.

Srila Visvanatha Thakura in his book entitled Madhurya Kadambini illustrates very well the entry of the spirit soul into the spirit world, when the spirit soul comes to the spirit world in the form of a cowherd boy and sees Krishna faint, then Krishna goes there and It says that I know all the sufferings that you have had to undergo to be My devotee in the material world, because I have always been with you, all your friends and family despised you, they all thought you were crazy, and you had to tolerate everything for Me, and I have not done anything as a reward for all your sacrifices, therefore I have become your debtor, then the spirit soul tells Krishna that to satisfy my desire to serve at your lotus feet, you deposited the syllables of Your mantra in my ears, You destroyed my sufferings, You purified me with the process of hearing, chanting and constantly remembering Your qualities and Your name and through association with Your devotees You made me understand how to do e service to you, a person as miserably selfish as I deserves to be punished, but on the contrary, you have made me drink nectar by showing me your own personality.

The bottom line is that our best friends are God or Krishna and His devotees.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario