martes, 1 de julio de 2014

THE FALSE EGO

Alcoy, July 3, 2014
Dear friends:
With love and trust I share this writing.
The false ego, by Javier Figuerola
Ego means personality or individuality, the real ego is that I am an eternal spirit soul, eternal loving servant of God and His devotees. The embodied spirit soul has two parts, one is the gross body made ​​of earth, water, fire, air and ether, and the other is called subtle, subtle body means that we do not see, and is composed of mind, intelligence and false ego . One of the great spiritual teachers of our disciplic succession Srila Rupa Goswami called always said that this material world is like a madhouse, a madman clinically is a person who thinks he is someone else, for example you are going to a mental hospital and see that someone is saying that I am Jesus Christ and I have come to save the world, another says I am Napoleon will conquer the world, etc, in the same way when we identify ourselves with something we are not we are also crazy, there are madmen in Bedlam and lunatics out of the asylum. Under this topic I remember a class of Srila Prabhupada saying that in Calcutta a person killed another and that counsel for the murderer he advised his client to plead guilty saying I killed him because I'm crazy, the judge brought for an expert opinion as to whether that person was crazy, and the expert told the judge yes that person is crazy, but judge with all due respect I have come to the conclusion that we are all mad, and the judge told him I've also come to that conclusion.
A great spiritual teacher of our disciplic succession always said that the false ego is like chains that bind us to this material world, and the only way to cut these chains is to serve God and His devotees. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura always said that the false ego is very subtle and the subtlest of false ego is identification with religion, everyone says I'm a Christian, I am Muslim, I am Jewish, I am Hindu, etc, but all is pure hypocrisy, nobody practiced anything, the real ego is that I am an eternal spirit soul, eternal loving servant of God and of His devotees and when one is situated in his constitutional position is happy, but one lives in pure ignorance and is there much suffering.
That great sadness that all this information is not taught in colleges and universities, this information helps people out of ignorance and become better people, like Srila Prabhupada always said this was usually people do not like to be free and happy, they love suffer and be deceived.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario